Books on Offshoring and Outsourcing:
Oshri, I. (2011). Offshoring Strategies: Evolving Captive Center Models (MIT Press)
Oshri, I., Kotlarsky, J. & Willcocks, L. P. (2009) The Handbook of Global Outsourcing and Offshoring, Palgrave Macmillan.
Carmel, E. and P. Tija (2005). Offshoring Information Technology: Sourcing and Outsourcing to a Global Workforce. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
Lacity, M. C. and L. P. Willcocks (2001). Global Information Technology Outsourcing. Chichester, Wiley & Sons.
Sahay, S., B. Nicholson, et al. (2003). Global IT Outsourcing: Software Development Across Borders. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
Trauth, E.M.(2000). The Culture of an Information Economy: Influences and Impacts in the Republic of Ireland, Dordrecht, Netherlands, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Academic Articles on Offshoring and Outsourcing:
- Lewin, A. Y. & Peeters, C. (2006) Offshoring work: Business hype or the onset of fundamental transformation? Long Range Planning, 39, 221-239.
- Willcocks, L., Lacity, M. & Cullen, S. (2007) Information Technology Sourcing Research: Critique, Lessons and Prospects. Americas' Conference on Information Systems 2007. Keystone, Colorado, Paper 359.
- O'Riain S. (1997). "The Birth of a Celtic Tiger" Communications of the ACM, 40(3): 11-16.
- Carme, E. & Abbott, P. (2007) Why "Nearshore" Means that Distance Matters. Communications of the ACM, 50, 40-46.
- Levina, N. & Ross, J. W. (2003) From the Vendor's Perspective: Exploring the Value Proposition in Information Technology Outsourcing. MIS Quarterly, 27, 331-364.
- Feeny, D., Lacity, M. & Willcocks, L. P. (2005) Taking the Measure of Outsourcing Providers. Sloan Management Review, 46, 41-48.
- Kelly, S. & Noonan, C. (2008) Anxiety and psychological security in offshoring relationships: the role and development of trust as emotional commitment. Journal of Information Technology, 23, 232–248.
- Cullen, S., Seddon, P. & Willcocks, L. P. (2005) Managing Outsourcing: The Life Cycle Imperative. MIS Quarterly Executive, 4, 229-246.
- Lacity, M. C., Willcocks, L. P. & Rottman, J. W. (2008) Global outsourcing of back office services: lessons, trends, and enduring challenges. Strategic Outsourcing, 1, 13-34.
- Walsham, G. (2002) Cross-Cultural Software Production and Use: A structurational Analysis. MIS Quarterly, 26, 359-380.
- Oshri, I., Kotlarsky, J. & Willcocks, L. P. (2007) Managing Dispersed Expertise in IT Offshore Outsourcing: Lessons from Tata Consultancy Services. MIS Quarterly Executive, 6.
- Ågerfalk, P. R. J. & Fitzgerald, B. (2008) Outsourcing to an Unknown Workforce: Exploring opensourcing as a global sourcing strategy. MIS Quarterly, 32, 385-409.
- Gefen, D. & Carmel, E. (2008) Is the World Really Flat? A Look at Offshoring at an Online Programming Marketplace. MIS Quarterly, 32, 367-384.
- Dibbern, J., T. Goles, et al. (2004). "Information systems outsourcing: a survey and analysis of the literature." Communications of the ACM, SIGMIS, 35(4): 6-102.
- Rao, M. T. (2004). "Key issues for global IT sourcing: country and individual factors." Information Systems Management 21(3): 16-21.
- Lee, J., M. Q. Huynh, et al. (2003). "IT outsourcing evolution? past, present, and future." Communications of the ACM 46(5): 84-89.
- Loh, L. and Venkatraman, N. (1992). "Diffusion of Information Technology Outsourcing: Influence Sources and the Kodak Effect." Information Systems Research 3(4): 334-358.
- Applegate, L. M., and Montealegre, R.(1991). "Eastman Kodak: Managing Information Systems Through Strategic Alliances." Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, Case 9-192-030.
- Lacity, M.C. and Hirshheim, R. (1993). "The Information Systems Outsourcing Bandwagon." Sloan Management Review 35(1): 73-86.
- Willcocks, L. and Choi C.J. (1995) "Cooperative partnership and 'total' IT Outsourcing: from contractual obligation to strategic alliance." European Management Journal 13(1): 67-78.
- Willcocks, L.P. and Kern, T. (1998) "IT outsourcing as strategic partnering: the case of the UK Inland Revenue." European Journal of Information Systems 7: 29-45.
- Heeks, R. and Nicholson, B. (2004). "Software export success factors and strategies in 'follower' nations". Competition and Change 8(3): 267-303.
- Heeks R. (1999) "Software strategies in developing countries" Communications of the ACM 42(6): 15-20.
- Willcocks, L. &; Choi, C. (1995). "Coopreative partnership and 'total' outsourcing: from contractual obligation to strategic alliance?" European Management Journal, 13(1): 67-78.
- Carmel, E. (2006) "Building your Information Systems from the Other Side of the World: How Infosys manages time differences." MIS Quarterly - Executive 5(1): 43-53.
- Carmel, E. and Agarwal, R. (2001) "Tactical approaches for alleviating distance in global software development". IEEE Software, 18(2): 22-29.
- Kumar K. and Willcocks L. (1996) "Offshore outsourcing: a country too far?" Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Information Systems, Lisbon, Portugal, July 2-4, pp. 1309-1325.
- Krishna, S., Sahay, S. and Walsham G. (2004) "Managing cross-cultural issues." Communications of the ACM 47(4): 62-66.
- Nicholson, B. and Sahay, S. (2004) "Embedded knowledge and offshore software development." Information and Organisation 14(2004): 329-365.
- Handy C. (1995) "Trust and the virtual organization" Harvard Business Review, 73(3): 40-50.
- van Welsum, D., and Vickery, G. (2004) "Potential Offshoring of ICT-Intensive Using Occupations", DSTI/ICCP/IE(2004)19/FINAL, OECD, Paris, 2005
- van Welsum, D., and Vickery, G. (2004b) "New Perspectives on ICT Skills and Employment," DSTI/ICCP/IE(2004)10FINAL, OECD, Paris, 2005
- Hirschheim, R., Loebbecke, C., Newman, M. and Valor J. (2005). "Offshoring and Its Implications for the Information Systems Discipline." Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Information Systems, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 1003-1018.
- Davis, G., Ein-Dor, P., King, W., and Torkzadeh, R. "IT Offshoring: History, Prospects and Challenges." Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Information Systems, R. Agarwal, L. Kirsch, and J. I. DeGross (Eds.), Washington, DC, December 2004, pp. 1027-1038.
- Stack, M. and Downing, R. "Another look at Offshoring. Which jobs are at risk and why?" Business Horizons 48(6): 513-523.
- Soliman, K.S., Chen, L. and Frolick, M. N. (2003) "ASP's: do they work?" Information Systems Management, 20(4): 50-57.
- Hirschheim R. and Lacity M. (2000) "The Myths and Realities of Information Technology Insourcing." Communications of the ACM, 43(2): 99-107.
- NeoIT (2005) "Research Summary: Mapping Offshore Markets Update 2005." Offshore Insights Market Report Series 3(8)
- Carmel, E. and Abbott, P. (2006) "Configurations of Global Software Development: Offshore versus Nearshore". In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Global Software Development for the Practitioner (GSD '06). 20-28 May, Shanghai, China.