The MGS Blog

Friday, November 22, 2019

The United Nations SDGs and links with industries in countries around the world...

The United Nations SDGs

What does business have to do with SDGs? Some economies experience high inflation, high interest rates, depreciation of local currency,

There has been a growth in the establishment of free-trade regions in Africa.
MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises).

Africa is not a country: Africa is 54 different countries, Africa is 1.4 billion people

``When I travelled to other countries in Africa I discovered I didn't know Africa; I come from West Africa we like a lot of spice in our food, in East Africa I discovered there is `no' spice in the food.''
Place Belongingness Africa; speaker panel 2019

``Jumia is an e-commerce company operating across the continent of Africa "we're building the Amazon of Africa" but they lost 90% of their IPO value. I contend largely because investors assumed an environment without understanding. They didn't know that road infrastructure is uneven, that electrical operators operate a universal service, that rail, and telecoms and all kinds of infrastructure that we take for granted in many in countries, just aren't in place beyond the urban areas. Indeed, even many urban conurbations have patchy, weak or non-existent water, sewerage, electricity, etc.''

(Sangu J. Delle Esq.)

``I am a Pan-Africanist, I became more African when I left Africa. I grew up thinking I was Ghanian first, then I left Africa and in those countries I experienced `othering' and I encountered people who considered me African first, they didn't consider me Ghanian.'' (Sangu J. Delle Esq.)